Clairefontaine Racecourse welcomes flat, trotting and jump races.
In 1864, the Duke of Morny created flat races in Deauville. Due to the success of races which took place in Deauville-La Touques Racecourse, it became obvious to extend the season by creating a Racecourse for jump races in the heart of the “pays d’Auge”. In 1875, the “Société des courses de Pont-l’Évêque” was created at the Croix-Brisée Racecourse in Pont-l’Évêque. It quickly appeared that this Racecourse was much too far from Deauville and was too restricted. The “Société des Courses de Pont-l’Évêque” activities were bought out by the “Société des Courses du pays d’Auge” (S.C.P.A) in 1924. Quickly, the creation of Saint-Arnoult Racecourse was proposed. This project failed because ofthe impossibility of buying lands. Thus, the “Société des Courses du Pays d’Auge” was looking for another place, Clairefontaine was chosen.
In 1924, Deauville’s city bought the Clairefontaine land at Tourgéville and stands, 44 boxes, and bedrooms for lads has been built.